The Q2Q utilities need either the full Microsoft Access program or the free Microsoft Access runtime in order to successfully work. The 32 bit version of MS Access runtime is the (x86) version. Specifically here are the requirements:
For Q2Q utilities prior to QuickBooks version 2016:
- 1. Microsoft Access - any version (2000, 2007, 2010, 2013).
- 2. Microsoft Access - Runtime (2000, 2007, 2010, 2013). Downloads are located at the following links:
- a. 2000 (http://q2q.us/downloads/ARTinstall.exe)
- 3. Installing the free 2013 runtime.
For Q2Q utilites that work with QuickBooks 2016 and later:
- 1. Microsoft Access 2013.
- 2. Microsoft Access Runtime 2013. (https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=39358)
MS Access 2013 or the free MS Access 2013 runtime will run all utilities.
For Q2Q utilities with Microsoft 64 bit Office (No MS Access) installed:
- 1. See below regarding 64 bit Office.
For Q2Q utilities with Microsoft 64 bit Office with MS Access installed:
- 1. The runtime and the 64 bit Access full version conflict. You will need to uninstall and use the 32 bit version of MS Office and one of the above procedures or use a different computer.
For all Q2Q utilities the following videos explain the initial download, install, register and connect processes. We use Data Transfer Utility v15 as an example.