The Q2Q utilities need either the full Microsoft Access program or the free Microsoft Access runtime in order to successfully work. The 32 bit version of MS Access runtime is the (x86) version. Specifically here are the requirements:
For Q2Q utilities prior to QuickBooks version 2016:
- 1. Microsoft Access - any version 32 bit version (2000, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, Office 365).
- 2. Microsoft Access - Runtime any version 32 bit (2000, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016). Downloads are located at the following links:
- a. 2000 (http://q2q.us/downloads/ARTinstall.exe)
- 3. Installing the free 2013/2016 runtime as an example. Free runtime 2016 installs the same way.
For Q2Q utilites that work with QuickBooks 2016 and later:
- 1. Microsoft Access 32 bit versions of 2013, 2016, or Office 365.
- 2. Microsoft Access 32 bit versions of Runtime 2013/2016. (Access 2013 Runtime) or (Access 2016 Runtime)
MS Access 2013/2016/Office 365 or the free MS Access 2013/2016 runtimes will run all utilities.
For Q2Q utilities with Microsoft 64 bit Office installed:
- 1. QuickBooks is a 32 bit program and needs the 32 bit version of Access for our utilities to communicate with it. The Windows operating system does not matter. It can be the 64 bit Windows operating system and there is no issue. The 32 bit runtimes and the 64 bit MS Office conflict. You cannot have 64 bit MS Office or any MS Office 64 bit component running. You will need to uninstall 64 bit MS Office and use the 32 bit version of MS Office and one of the above installation procedures.
Link to downgrading from 64 bit to 32 bit MS Office: Uninstall 64 bit MS Office
- 2. If you are running Windows 10 Pro or another program that supports virtual machines, you can create a virtual machine and just install QuickBooks and the 32 bit runtimes on the virtual machine. This method does not require the downgrade of Office to 64 bit, but requires an understanding of virtual machines and how to transfer QuickBook files from the host computer to the virtual machine.
For all Q2Q utilities the following videos explain the initial download, install, register and connect processes. We use Data Transfer Utility v15 as an example.