Microsoft Certificate Error
27 July 2017 - Microsoft has pushed an Office 365 update in Mid July 2017 which causes an Invalid Certificate error message and the Q2Q utility is then unable to connect to QuickBooks. We contacted Microsoft and pointed out the issue.
30 July 2017 - We performed an update to our MS Office product and the certificate issue was resolved and everything returned to normal.
First perform an update to your Microsoft Office product and make sure you get the most recent updates. If that still fails you notify us of the MS Office version you are using and in the meantime you can do the following:"
To resolve the certificate error perform the following steps.
2. Download and install MS OFFICE Access 2013 free runtime. It is item 2d. On the Microsoft page that loads download the (x86) version this is the 32 bit version of the runtime.
3. After installing go to the Windows and open the CONTROL PANEL.
4. Select PROGRAMS.
5. Select DEFAULT PROGRAMS.
6. Select "Set your default programs"
- a. There will be two ACCESS icons. One labeled Access(Desktop) and one labeled Access 2016.
- b. Highlight Access (Desktop) and select "Choose Defaults For this Program" at the bottom of the screen.
- c. When the screen Opens make sure .accde is check marked. If it is not check mark it.
- d. Select SAVE at the bottom of the screen.
7. Select OK at the bottom of the screen.
8. Close out of the Control Panel.
9. Open the utility and try connecting again.